I’m moving house on Wednesday. This means that packing and categorizing and labeling and cleaning have provided a nice little distraction from my usual June-time dilemma…
What do I do now that exams are over??
I always feel the need to embark on some sort of project over the summer; I find it really hard to relax like a normal person. After copious research (a.k.a. reading an inappropriate amount of blog posts during lunch hours) I’ve come up with a few ideas:
- Carry on with my ‘reading for fun’ resolution.
- Read all the set books for my next module.
- Start training for the Poppy Run, which I am hoping to take part in, in October.
- Start testing out some of the recipes that have made their way into my extensive collection (as much fun as improvising is, it defeats the object of hoarding recipes if I don’t use them).
- Finish the rag rug I promised to make for my friend… I’m thinking it might have to be a Happy Flativersary gift rather than a Housewarming present.
- Learn how to use the damn sewing machine! I’m determined to not be crap at sewing. My Auntie suggests starting with something a monkey could do, like just sewing squares together… sounds achievable. 😀
- Learn how to include photos in my blog posts (and for that matter, write more blog posts).
- Start writing for fun again- I feel like the only writing I’ve been doing for the past few months has been for study or work purposes. I’d just really like to start enjoying it again.
- Go camping.
- Start dance lessons (I’m feeling something Latin, maybe Salsa or Bachata?)
- Try to last the whole summer without eating a packet of biscuits in one sitting. And maybe cut down on cheese. (I said MAYBE).
Whether I will actually do all of these things this summer, I don’t know. But I am going to try. I’ll keep you posted.
So how about you guys? What are you going to do with your months of (relative) freedom?