This week has been crazy work-wise, and when I got home last night I planned on doing more work but my brain had pretty much left the building. So instead, I opened up my art journal to a painted background and let my mind wander:
1. Background created using JournalQuest technique:
2. Gold writing (the lyrics to a Pink Floyd song):
3. Collaged blocks of colour ripped from an old magazine:
4. Random doodles using a correction pen:
5. Focus image added (stolen from an Armani advert):
6. Black acrylic spread across the background using an old card and voila!:
I really like the way the correction pen peeps through the black paint, and I’m definitely loving this whole layered look. This photo doesn’t really do the page justice, but no matter how I tried, I couldn’t get the light to stop bouncing off the shiny magazine paper… It was nice to have a reminder of how fun brainless art is!
Hope you’ve all had a great week!