So it’s that time of year when everything seems to go a bit crazy… there’s gifts to buy and meals to plan and colds to cope with (and in my case assignments to tackle) so it can be a bit tricky finding time to be creative. One really quick and easy way to add a bit of your arty personality to Christmas is designing your own wrapping paper. As I’m quite behind, I haven’t even thought about wrapping my own prezzies, but here are three cool ‘personalized gift wrap’ tutorials that I’ve found online (click on the image to see the actual post):
Other ideas for making your own wrapping paper:
– Cut a holly leaf out of a washing up sponge and stamp paint over a large sheet of craft paper.
– Using permanent marker, scrawl the words to your favourite Christmas song over a sheet of brown paper. Add doodles with a correction pen for contrast.
– Cut a christmas shape out of card (stars, trees, a reindeer… whatever you fancy) and then use as a ‘mask’ to spray paint over.
– Wrap your gifts in plain paper and then stick sequins and glitter all over the top.
– If you’re a hoarder like me, cut images and words from the Christmas paper you kept from last year, and paste onto a large piece of paper.
Hope you’re all looking forward to the most wonderful day of the year as much as I am!