Today, my first ever Quirky Crafts Challenge has gone live, to see the details of the challenge and the awesome Design Team creations click here.
I made two things for this challenge, a card and an art journal page:
This was my attempt at a non-girly Valentine’s card. I printed out a couple of black and white photos of my old art journal pages, cut them into strips and randomly stuck them on a piece of card. Using a purple ink pad I smudged a bit of ink along the edges before adding the Goober digital stamp from Limited Runs. Goober was coloured in using watercolour paints and prismacolor pencils for definition.
As usual, this art journal page is made up of lots of layers:
1. Scrapings of leftover acrylic paint from my palette.
2. A watercolour wash.
3. The lyrics from a song from The Little Mermaid scrawled across the page in gel pen.
4. Prints made from dipping bubble wrap in acrylic.
5. A digital stamp from Limited Runs (‘Coral’) coloured using watercolour.
6. Finishing touches- coloured pencils to add detail to my mermaid and a border to the rest of the page.
I had a lot of fun with this theme (well I should, it was my idea!), and I really hope you’ll consider joining in with this one!