I’ve managed to make it to the 23rd day of Rosalilium’s Blog Every Day in May challenge! Today the prompts is: Compliments. Tell us about the best compliment you have received.
For this I though I’d tell you about the Liebster Award.
Last week Pippo from Xarglebook nominated me for this blogging award. The idea is that after you’re nominated you:
- Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 200 followers.
- Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Ask 11 questions to those you nominate.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Remember to tell the people you’ve nominated, they’re not mind readers!
Got it? So here goes:
I’d like to nominate…
- Words of a 20 Something by a young OU student, non-fiction enthusiast and proud dog owner.
- Lora Loves a local (to me) fashion and beauty blog.
- Love + Cupcakes Blog a mixture of food, craftyness and general love vibes.
- Satchels and Pearls written by my lovely friend Michelle about beauty, fashion, lifestyle, dumplings and pregnancy.
- Indigo Buttons home of seriously HOT photography and fab writing. Plus we share a love of beige food.
- Lace Lapin a new discovery of mine and it’s just filled with lots and lots of prettiness!
- Hey Holly June another northerner studying with the OU (which is just one of my favourite kinds of people)
- 25 to 30 a really fun, really colourful blog full of personality and randomness.
- Kimi and Me another new discovery, consists of really well put together posts about pretty things.
- Slapsnap a well written, conversational lifestyle blog, that kind of makes you feel like you’ve just sat down for a brew with your girls.
- Hayley from My OU Odyssey is a fellow YSA and waaay more philosophical than me!
[I’m not been too strict about them having less than 200 followers- if it’s not listed somewhere obvious on their blog then it doesn’t count!]
I’d like to answer…
- What is your favourite animal and why?
Tricky one, I’m a big animal person. I love elephants because they’re so majestic and yet so gentle. I like the big cats because they’re beautiful and dangerous. Koalas and pandas I love because they’re just huggable (ok, so they might rip my throat out, but still… cute!). On the domestic side I love dogs, preferably rescue dogs, they need you more!
- How long have you been writing?
I’ve enjoyed writing for as long as I can remember but over the years academia and work have taken over. I’ve had this blog for a couple of years no, but I only actually started posting regularly last summer. I’m studying a creative writing module next year, so hopefully I’ll rekindle my love affair with words.
- What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
There are a couple. I once ate breaded liver at my Romanian friend’s house… I only tried it because I didn’t know it was liver *vom*. Snails were yummy, prickly pears kind of taste like melon but with the texture of passionfruit (that’s pretty strange). Number one strangest thing I’ve eaten has to be ‘polvorones’. They’re a traditional Spanish sweet treat typically eaten around Christmas, they look like a combination of bonbons and shortbread, but they just taste like densely packed flour with a bit of sugar on top.
- What’s your greatest fear?
Being a disappointment to the people who love me.
- If you had a week off to read, what would you read?
No clue! One of these.
- If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
There are so many times and places I’d love to see, but if I had to pick one I’d go for 1910. Plaits, bicycles, homemade lemonade, a quick jaunt to Imperial India, perfect!
- What do you do to relax?
I read, I cook, I make art, and increasingly I blog. I recently wrote a post on ways I’m planning to relax over the summer, check it out here.
- How many books do you read in a year?
I used to read feverishly, but in the last couple of years study books have taken over… I’m trying to fight it though by taking part in a bunch of reading challenges, and so far it seems to be working. I’ve managed 36 this year up to now, which is already more than I read in the whole of 2012.
- If you wrote a mystery, who would be the culprit and how did they cover it up?
My mystery would involve an unspeakably evil person murdering somebody well-loved, and the bad guy’s dog would then murder his master. However, the police will assume the same person killed both victims and nobody will suspect the dog because y’know, he’s a dog.
- What kind of weather do you like the most?
I love the dreamlike quality of snowfall, but I also love going out just after it rains because everything just seems so fresh and clean. Rain is also good because it opens up the possibility of a duvet day.
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
I wrote a post about the countries I’d love to visit here, but I’d also really love to travel around Britain more… I’d definitely love to visit Edinburgh one day soon.
I’d like to share…
- I could not live without cheese. I’m a firm believer that every meal can be made better with grated cheese.
- I really wish I could be more of a book snob, but I really love my Kindle Touch!
- I just bought a ticket for Bowling For Soup’s Farewell UK Tour and I CAN’T WAIT!!
- I find it really difficult to throw away flowers people give me… I currently have two crusty bouquets in the flat (the most recent one being from about a month ago)
- In exactly two weeks I turn twenty-two.
- I’ve had a not-so-secret love for Star Trek for as long as I can remember, but the one time I attempted Star Wars I fell asleep.
- I’d really like to learn a third language, I just can’t decide which!
- Technically I’m the oldest of eight siblings.
- I really hope Tony and Ziva end up together, despite rule #12 (gold star if you get the reference).
- My favourite colour is turquoise.
- I’m still buzzing that the amazing Hali Kahla shared a piece of my art yesterday!
I’d like to ask…
- What was the last thing you read?
- What’s your favourite sandwich filling?
- If you could go on holiday to one fictional place, where would you go and why?
- What’s your guiltiest musical pleasure?
- What’s your favourite crime drama?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever been given, who gave it to you and why did you like it so much?
- What’s your biggest pet hate?
- What’s your favourite flower?
- Empty your handbag onto the floor and tell me what’s in it.
- If you were given one day free from all responsibilities what would you do with yourself?
- List three new things you’d like to try over the summer.
I can’t wait to read all of your follow-up posts (if you decide to accept this honour of course!)
Thank you again Pippo from Xarglebook for nominating me,