Do you remember last week I posted about the Semi-Charmed Autumn Book Challenge?
Well today I thought I’d share my preliminary reading list for said challenge – these are no way set in stone, but I’ve been thinking about reading some of these for quite a while, so why not now?
– Read a book that does not have “the,” “a” or “an” in the title.
Golden Earrings by Belinda Alexandra
– Read a book that has been featured in Oprah’s Book Club.
The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
– Read a book that takes place in the state where you currently live. If you do not live in the U.S., read a book that takes place in the country where you live.
The Burglar Caught by a Skeleton by Jeremy Clay
– Read an epistolary novel, which is a book written in letters, emails, diary entries or other documents.
The Color Purple by Alice Walker
– Read a book first published in 2013.
The Returned by Jason Mott
– Read a book with something spooky in the title.
The Seance Society by Michael Nethercott
– Read a book with “air,” “water,” “earth” or “fire” in the title.
The Bone Fire: A Mystery by Christine Barber
– Read a book on which a television series has been based.
Cross Bones by Kathy Reichs (part of the series that inspired the AWESOME TV show Bones)
– Read a fiction book that has someone’s first and last name in the title.
The Marx Sisters: A Kathy Kolla and David Brock Mystery by Barry Maitland
– Read two books by the same author. They can be in the same series, but do not have to be. Co-authors do not count.
The Robber Bride and The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood
– Read a fiction and non-fiction book about the same topic.
Bitter Sweets by Roopa Farooki and The Three Sisters Indian Cookbook by Sereena, Alexa and Priya Kaur (both feature Indian families and an almost obsessive love of food)
So are you going to join in with this fabulousness? If you are, don’t forget to link your introductory posts up here.